Friday, January 6, 2012

Illustrations for OSRIC New-Monsters Book


While my computer was dead, and for quite a while before that, I finished several illustrations for the upcoming book of new monsters for OSRIC,along with getting a great hag-picture from Paul Fini, which he's also posted on his blog.

Russ Nicholson is doing two more illustrations, which will probably be done around the end of this month, give or take. At this point I'm basically setting myself seven more monsters to illustrate (all in the demon section, which I want to be well covered illustration-wise). I might do more than that, but those seven are the minimum target. In the meantime, I have to finish the conversions to OSRIC -- the stats are mostly done, but the treasure still remains, and that's going to take a long time.

...And of course, I need to start sending in my levels of Rappan Athuk at this point, which means frantic self-editing and still some writing.

It's going to be a busy month.

6 comments:

  1. That one got off-center because I cropped it quickly so I could attach it into the blog post. I'll have to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work and OH MY GOD, YOU'VE GOT RUSS NICHOLSON TO CONTRIBUTE!
    I am a big fan of his work, having seen lots of his pieces in Fighting Fantasy gamebooks when I was a young lad.
    If S&W went the one-artiste route like the revised LL did, I've always seen him as the perfect guy for it. Though the two guys who did the new cleric illustration in Core would also be a first class pick (keep forgetting their names, sorry guys).

    ReplyDelete